I’m not going to do the typical blogger thing where I tell you my life story, describe my muffins in excruciating detail, and include 50 pictures of a whisk and some eggs before I give you the recipe.
I am going to say quickly and with all due respect that this muffin recipe was adapted from Best Ever Pumpkin Muffins over at Lovely Little Kitchen, with a few modifications based on personal preference and to add some milk-making goodness. I’ve loved every second of our nursing journey and maybe this will help make someone else’s experience a bit easier (and yummier).
Without further ado: Lactation Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 2 teaspoons brewer’s yeast
- 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 2 eggs
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 15 ounce can pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Bake 30 minutes on 375 and enjoy. 🙂
1. To make one flax egg, mix 1 tbsp ground flax seed with 2 tbsp water and let it sit about 5 minutes.
2. I added pumpkin spice cream cheese frosting, which was a basic cream cheese frosting with the addition of pie spices and molasses.